Budibase is an open-source low code platform, designed for speed and customisation.
Budibase brings together everything that’s required to build internal tools, such as; dashboards, admin panels, CRMs, approval apps, employee wikis, and everything in between. Within minutes, you can ship internal tools on your own infrastructure, and empower teams to do more, with less.
To date, we’ve received over 20,000 signups from the likes of F1, Deloitte, KPMG. We are seeking to grow and expand our team in Belfast as we take our product to the next level.
We are one of the fastest growing open source projects on the planet - having gained thousands of GitHub stars and a large amount of community engagement in a matter of weeks!
We welcome people from all backgrounds and walks of life. Budibase is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
As a fast growing startup, we are committed to building a culture of diversity and inclusion early on. We would particularly welcome applications from women.
If successful, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work on one of the fastest growing open source projects in the world in an extremely exciting market.
- Be the customer - Develop a product that you can use
- Have a large impact and input in the direction of the product and company
- Huge opportunities for growth both technically and professionally
- Work closely with design and engineering to deliver a fantastic user experience for our customers
- Opportunities to cross train into frontend, backend or infrastructure if it’s not your primary area of expertise
- Take ownership of parts of the product and codebase
- Present your ideas in a clear and effective manner to the rest of the team
- Be an integral player as part of a small development team
- Help manage and implement processes that make Budibase a fantastic place to work
- Write and test code across the stack - every day.
- Take an active part in building a global community
At Budibase, we love using lean and modern open source web technologies. Here are some of the main ones we work with.
- Amazon Web Services
You can find more information about our technology in our docs:
If you prefer, you can actually just read the code at our GitHub repository!
The Ideal Candidate
Education and qualifications are great, but not a big deal to us. A person with the right personality and attitude we are looking for to help us make Budibase the best company it can be is much more important.
We love to see creative, hard-working folks who enjoy building cool things. Please feel free to include links to your interests, side projects, Github account or things you have built in your job application. We would be thrilled to see them!
- 2+ years experience with a major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure). Some AWS services we use include ECS, Lambda, Kinesis, Cognito, API Gateway, S3, Cloudfront and more.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience building cloud native products
- Curious, driven and motivated to learn
- Passionate about quality software
- Good communication skills
- Experience working in a startup
- Entrepreneurial and scrappy
- Experience using version control and git - good understanding of a team based software development process
Nice to Haves
- Experience using low-code/no-code products like Outsystems, Unqork, Retool
- Comfortable with basic networking and the command line
- Flexible working - you can work fully remote, in an office, or a mixture of both.
- 35 days holiday
- Flexible, autonomous working culture
- Pension Scheme
- Budget to spend on a new laptop and home office setup
At Budibase, we do not believe in making candidates demonstrate an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of programming syntax from memory in the form of whiteboard tests or direct question interviews. As engineers, we all use google every day to solve problems - we see whiteboard interviews as a test of your recall and not your technical ability.
Our process is a simple one and is set up to highlight the strengths of our candidates. A tech interview should be a two way street between the candidate and the company.
Step 1: Initial chat with Budibase
One of us will jump on a call for a virtual coffee with you and discuss the role, answering any questions you may have about us.
Step 2: Technical Interview
Our technical interview lasts 1 hour, and comes in 2 parts:
- The first half is a discussion about your favourite technology stack, and why you love it. This is always an interesting discussion and we always enjoy talking tech with our candidates!
- The second half involves the design of a software system. We will give you a hypothetical product spec, and ask how you would go about designing the software from a high level. From there, we will ask more about certain parts of your design and introduce some constraints on the system.
We let candidates know the result of the interview either way soon after.